The Des Moines County Historical Society is dedicated to preserving the history of the people of Des Moines County for the enjoyment and education of the public. Generous gifts from individuals, families, and groups help keep the collections of the Historical Society dynamic and growing.
Ways to help:
- Become a member at the highest affordable level
- Attend DMCHS programs and events regularly
- Bring friends to the museums and give gift memberships to others
- Volunteer to serve as a greeter/docent, to develop an exhibit, or to serve on one of the committees that help the museums function
- Donate objects, photos, and written observations (letters, diaries, ledgers, etc.) that give tangible evidence of the people and businesses of Des Moines County
- Provide monetary support for special fund drives such as the school visits fund or the “Adopt a Dress” and "Adopt a Quilt" projects
- Underwrite costs for a changing exhibit, reception, or the digital recording of an oral history
- Contribute to the endowment fund to help ensure the viability of the museums now and in the future
Contributions to the Des Moines County Historical Society can be tax-deductible and help to continue to preserve and present the heritage of all the communities of Des Moines County for generations to come.